I provide trainings and presentations to clinicians and educators, and guest lectures in university and college settings on attachment-based and trauma-informed work with parents of trans/non-binary/gender questioning youth .
Conference Presentations, Trainings and Lectures:
- “Families in transition: Supporting families of trans youth” Canadian Professional Association of Transgender Health (CPATH) Biennial Conference, with LeeAndra Miller, Vancouver, BC, October 28, 2017 (remote presentation)
- “Mental health interventions with trans youth and their families: Gender 101″ and “Attachment- informed counselling with trans youth and their parents”, for Frontenac Youth Services, Oshawa, Ontario, May 23 and June 20, 2017
- “Trauma- & attachment- informed counselling with trans youth/young adults and their parents,” for Huronia Highlands branch of OASW, with Rainbow Health Ontario (RHO), Barrie, Ontario, May 30, 2017
- “Families in transition: Supporting families of trans youth” Children’s Mental Health Ontario (CMHO) Annual Conference, with LeeAndra Miller, Toronto, ON, November 21, 2016
- “Transforming transphobia: Affirming social work practices with trans and gender diverse communities,” Annual Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW) Provincial Conference, with Jordan Zaitzow, Toronto, ON, November 11, 2016
- “Attachment and trauma-informed counselling with trans people and their loved ones,” Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences, with Rainbow Health Ontario (RHO), Whitby, Ontario, October 27, 2016
- “Working with trans youth and their families,” Ontario Educators Conference, with LeeAndra Miller, Toronto, Ontario, April 29, 2016
- “Working with parents of transgender youth”, guest lecture, SWP 923: Family Violence, School of Social Work, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, April 5, 2016
- “Coming home: Strengthening the families of LGBTQ youth”, Rainbow Health Ontario (RHO) Conference, with LeeAndra Miller and Lorraine Gale, London, Ontario, March 10, 2016
- “Working with transgender youth and their parents”, Central Toronto Youth Services (CTYS), agency training, with LeeAndra Miller, Toronto, Ontario, January 19, 2016
Contact me for more information about booking a professional development training or lecture.