I provide trainings and presentations to clinicians and educators, and guest lectures in university and college settings on attachment-based and trauma-informed work with queer/trans/non-binary communities and parents of trans/non-binary/gender questioning youth.
In the context of providing group supervision to your agency team, I can also provide experiential workshops and training on basic therapeutic skills such as:
- Gender-affirming, anti-oppressive/intersectional, trauma-informed assessment skills
- Rupture and repair in therapeutic practice with queer / trans / non-binary clients and their families: misgendering and cissexist enactments
- Attachment, emotion regulation, the “window of tolerance”
Conference Presentations, Trainings and Lectures:
- “Working with parents of trans / non-binary youth from a trauma-informed and attachment-focused lens” for Central Toronto Youth Services’ Canada-wide FIT Facilitators Training, online training, September 21, 2020
- “Families in transition: Supporting families of trans youth” Canadian Professional Association of Transgender Health (CPATH) Biennial Conference, with LeeAndra Miller, Vancouver, BC, October 28, 2017 (remote presentation)
- “Mental health interventions with trans youth and their families: Gender 101″ and “Attachment- informed counselling with trans youth and their parents”, for Frontenac Youth Services, Oshawa, Ontario, May 23 and June 20, 2017
- “Trauma- & attachment- informed counselling with trans youth/young adults and their parents,” for Huronia Highlands branch of OASW, with Rainbow Health Ontario (RHO), Barrie, Ontario, May 30, 2017
- “Families in transition: Supporting families of trans youth” Children’s Mental Health Ontario (CMHO) Annual Conference, with LeeAndra Miller, Toronto, ON, November 21, 2016
- “Transforming transphobia: Affirming social work practices with trans and gender diverse communities,” Annual Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW) Provincial Conference, with Jordan Zaitzow, Toronto, ON, November 11, 2016
- “Attachment and trauma-informed counselling with trans people and their loved ones,” Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences, with Rainbow Health Ontario (RHO), Whitby, Ontario, October 27, 2016
- “Working with trans youth and their families,” Ontario Educators Conference, with LeeAndra Miller, Toronto, Ontario, April 29, 2016
- “Working with parents of transgender youth”, guest lecture, SWP 923: Family Violence, School of Social Work, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario, April 5, 2016
- “Coming home: Strengthening the families of LGBTQ youth”, Rainbow Health Ontario (RHO) Conference, with LeeAndra Miller and Lorraine Gale, London, Ontario, March 10, 2016
- “Working with transgender youth and their parents”, Central Toronto Youth Services (CTYS), agency training, with LeeAndra Miller, Toronto, Ontario, January 19, 2016
- Yeh, D., Elin, L., Miller, L., O’Connell, K. & Sears, R. (2017). Central Toronto Youth Services. In A. Abramovich & J. Shelton (Eds.), Where am I going to go?: Intersectional approaches to ending LGBTQ2S youth homelessness in Canada & the U.S. (pp. 99-113). Canadian Observatory on Homelessness.
- Contributing author for “Families in TRANSition: A Guide for Parents of Trans Youth (CTYS, 2016), with LeeAndra Miller, http://www.ctys.org/ctys-releases-fit-families-in-transition-guide-2nd-edition-march-2016/
- Wehbi, S., El-Lahib, Y., & Elin, L. (August 2009). Neo-colonial discourse and disability: the case of Canadian international development NGOs, Community Development Journal.
Contact me for more information about booking a professional development training or lecture.
Lindsay Elin (she/her)