I offer supervision and clinical consultation to social workers, as well as to agency teams working with LGBTQ2S+ adults, youth and/or their families and loved ones. I have worked for the past 18 years with and within these communities and have trained other providers on working around gender and sexual orientation from an intersectional, trauma-informed, gender-affirming, attachment-focused lens.
I specialize in working with therapists seeing families of trans/non-binary/gender questioning youth/young adults who would benefit from clinical support and/or psycho-educational tools and approaches to do this work effectively. I also enjoy working therapists who see LGBTQ2S+ clients working around clinical issues such as:
- supporting clients questioning their gender identity or in early transition
- conducting and writing surgical readiness assessment letters for transition related surgeries while engaging critically with cissexism (“second assessors”)
- helping clients understand how mental health issues such as anxiety, depression and trauma symptoms intersect with lack of familial support, transphobia, transmisogyny, racism, anti-Blackness, ableism etc.
- supporting clients questioning their sexual orientation, and/or grappling with shame and/ fears about impact on family, parents, partners and children
- supporting clients struggling with internalized bi-phobia, homophobia, transphobia and/or transmisogyny
- supporting children and partners of trans/non-binary people
- supporting clients navigating issues such as open relationships, polyamoury, exploring kink and BDSM
My clinical orientation is attachment-focused, mindfulness- and trauma-informed and my lens is feminist, intersectional and sex-positive. I integrate learnings from Sensorimotor Psychotherapy (Level 1: Affect Dysregulation, Survival Defenses and Traumatic Memory) and neurobiology into my consultation work, and enjoy supporting therapists to engage with self-of-therapist issues that emerge in practice with LGBTQ2S+ youth/young adults and their families.
I offer remote sessions by phone or on a secure video platform for those therapists practicing outside the GTA.
Please see my “Credentials and Trainings” page for more information about my background in these areas, or contact me to discuss whether your supervision or consultation needs fall within my scope of practice. I look forward to hearing from you.